On the 3rd of October, 2003 it was decided to establish the Interregional Industrial Association of Employers of the Power Sector.
On the 3rd of November, 2003 the Association was registered in accordance with the Labor code and Federal law «About associations of employers».
On the 15th of March, 2004 the Association acquired an All-Russian status.
From March 2004 to middle 2018, the organization operated as RaEl Association.
Since the 1st of September, 2018 the organization fully implements the rights and obligations of the legal entity as «Employers Russian Association of Energy» (short title – Association «ERA of Energy»).
Association «ERA of Energy» is the largest union of FEC employers by the number of regions of presence of member organizations and their structural units, by the number of employees in labor relations with them, as well as by the total economic potential of the companies – members of the Association.
RaEl Association CEO was Oleg Vasilyevich Kulikov from the start of the Association’s activities until the spring of 2012.
A great contribution to the development of Rael Association was made by Deputy CEO Alexander Nikolaevich Lugovoy (2004 – 2009).
Since the 20th of April 2012 Director General of Association is Arkadiy Viktorovich Zamoskovny.
On the 25th of June, 2018 in connection with the amendments to the Charter of Association A. V. Zamoskovny was elected as CEO of Association for a period of 6 years.
Association includes more than 60 energy companies which work in all 9 federal districts, in 83 regions of the country and represent all available in the power industry activities:
- thermal generation (both territorial and wholesale),
- alternative generation,
- backbone and distribution networks,
- operational dispatch Department,
- isolated power systems of the Far East,
- heat supply,
The total number of member organizations’ employees is more than 350 thousand.
The mission of Association is to promote the development of electric power industry, fuel and energy complex of the Russian Federation by representing and protecting the interests of employers in social-labor, economic and other fields, implementation of coordinated socially responsible policy of the organizations – members of the Association.
In accordance with the Charter the following goals of Association are:
- protection and promotion of the interests of employers of electric power industry, including relations with public authorities and trade unions, consolidation of employers’ total resource to influence socio-economic policy of the state;
- regulation of social-labor relations in the power industry, increase of efficiency of social partnership, helping to maintain social stability in labor collectives of the power companies with regard to improving the effectiveness of investments in personnel and human capital development;
- promotion the creation of favorable conditions for doing business in general and the development of the electric power industry in particular, participation in the development and implementation of projects to improve the economic efficiency of electric power organizations, increase labor productivity;
- development of the national system of professional qualifications and its industry segment, promotion of industrial vocational education, implementation of the needs of employers in the training of qualified personnel;
- research and methodological support of energy companies in the field of social, labor and associated economic relations, including in the sphere of employment, wages, labor protection, social insurance, pension provision of employees, implementation of social programs and other questions of socioeconomic nature;
- organization of systematic dialogue with tariff-regulating bodies at Federal and regional levels in order to promote the adoption of tariff decisions ensuring the fulfillment of social obligations of employers;
- development of cooperation with employers’ associations in other fields of economic activity, foreign employers’ organizations, international organizations in the field of labor.